Are you looking to enjoy the refreshing water and sandy beaches without traveling too far from home? Or, are you traveling to Asheville for some R&R?
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville is home to several beautiful beaches with an expansive mountain view.
- Lake Lure – Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, Lake Lure is the most popular beach in the mountains and is under 30 miles from Asheville. Kids and adults alike will be entertained at the water park featuring slides and water wars (with admission fees), along with volleyball and picnic areas. This beach has changing rooms, lifeguards on duty, and free parking.
- Lake James State Park – Open May 1 through September 30, Lake James State Park boasts a large beach area with bathrooms and a protected swimming area. A nominal admission fee is charged for lifeguards. Concessions, picnic areas, grills, and canoe rentals are all available.
- Wildcat Lake – Sitting at 3,700 feet above sea level, this location is a perfect mountain swimming area. Wildcat Lake does not charge admission and is open every day of the week with lifeguards on duty. Situated near Beech Mountain, you won’t run out of fun things to do.
- Lake Glenville – About 75 miles southwest of Asheville, the recently renovated handicap accessible Lake Glenville features a protected swimming area, beach, fishing pier, picnic tables, restrooms, and parking. You may also choose to rent a pontoon boat for on-the-water adventures and explorations.
- Lake Powhatan – Located in Pisgah National Forest, this is a small lake with a beach and mountain biking trails at Bent Creek. It is also a popular spot for camping.
- Rumbling Bald on Lake Lure – This is a private beach for overnight guests who choose to stay at the rental homes and villas. You may rent beach chairs, umbrellas, paddleboards and kayaks, or take advantage of the lazy river and outdoor pools.
Whether you’re looking to relocate to the Asheville area or just looking for a new home a few minutes away, we can help! Call the HomeSource Realty team today at (828) 944-4429; we’re looking forward to working with you!