As the potential homebuyer’s first impression, your home’s curb appeal is one of the most important considerations when selling. Elevating the exterior look of your home doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Below are some tips to improve the curb appeal, many of which can be completed in just a weekend!
- Replace Old Hardware – House numbers, door hardware, and light fixtures that are worn can make your home look dingy. Consider replacing them to match each other and make the exterior look fresh and bright.
- Paint the Front Door – Never underestimate a fresh coat of paint, especially on the focal point of your home’s exterior! Be sure to pick a color that complements the rest of your home and is appealing to many. Be sure to continually clean off dirt, bugs, and cobwebs to keep it looking fresh.
- Refresh with Colorful Plants – Use colorful real plants to bring life to your porch or front steps. This is one of the easiest ways to bring more color and vibrancy to your exterior. Use planters that correspond with the size of your porch or use window boxes.
- Add Seating – Comfortable seating will encourage your guests to stay a while and imagine themselves enjoying the porch and neighborhood. Use rugs, pillows, and end tables to make it feel like a living room. If you’re short on space, simply add a bench or small chair with a throw pillow.
- Illuminate Entryways and Pathways – Using lighting to illuminate your pathways and entryways can make your home feel welcoming and upgrade your nighttime curb appeal. Choose solar options to save on energy consumption costs.
Curb appeal is a critical factor in selling a home. Our team can help you determine which upgrades will give you the most return on your investment with potential homebuyers.
Call the HomeSource Realty team today at (828) 944-4429 to start the home selling process.